3 cups cooked pasta, (i.e. fusilli, penne, rotini…)
1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
1/2 cup deseeded cucumber, diced small
3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
Honey Dijon Salad Dressing
1 lemon, juice and finely grated zest
2 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
2 tbsp Olive oil
3 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper to season
Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
Pour over the other ingredients and toss together well.
Keeps a couple of days in the fridge.
By Barry C. Parsons
6 cups Fresh Baby Spinach
1 cup Fresh Blackberries
1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1 Green Onion Sliced
2 tablespoons Chopped Walnuts, Toasted (almonds can be substituted)
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
2 ½ teaspoons Honey
1 Garlic Clove, Minced
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
¼ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Pepper
2/3 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese (optional)
1. In large bowl, combine spinach, blackberries, tomatoes, onions and walnuts.
2. In a small bowl whisk the rest of the ingredients, except feta. Drizzle over salad and toss
3. Sprinkle with cheese
Note: Boysenberries would also be delicious with this recipe.
If you are looking for a new fruit salad to make this summer, give this easy and healthy Quinoa Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing a try! It goes well with any summer meal and is a great way to enjoy all of the fine fruits summer has to offer.
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
Pinch of salt
For the Honey Lime Dressing
Juice of 1 large lime
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
For the fruit
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1 1/2 cups chopped mango
Extra chopped mint, for garnish-optional
- Using a strainer, rinse the quinoa under cold water. Add quinoa, water, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Let quinoa cool to room temperature.
- To make the Honey Lime Dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk the lime juice, honey, and mint together until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, blueberries, strawberries, and mango. Pour honey lime dressing over the fruit salad and mix until well combined. Garnish with additional mint, if desired. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Use your favorite fruit in this salad.
Blackberries, peaches, kiwi, raspberries, pineapple, grapes, etc. are great options!
By TWO PEAS