- 6- to 7-pound pork butt, fat trimmed
- 1 1/4 cups Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Trim fat off pork butt and place meat in slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, basil, onion powder and garlic. Pour on top of meat.
- Set slow cooker on low for 6 hours. When done, remove meat and pour sauce into a bowl. Let sit for 15 minutes and skim off any visible fat from the top.
- Pour sauce into saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and add slowly to the sauce. Continue to stir, making sure there are no clumps.
- Make sure not to boil more than 1 minute as the cornstarch will break down.
- Shred meat and pour sauce over. Serve on buns.
SueBee – America’s Favorite Honey Recipes