- 6- to 7-pound pork butt, fat trimmed
- 1 1/4 cups Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Trim fat off pork butt and place meat in slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, basil, onion powder and garlic. Pour on top of meat.
- Set slow cooker on low for 6 hours. When done, remove meat and pour sauce into a bowl. Let sit for 15 minutes and skim off any visible fat from the top.
- Pour sauce into saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and add slowly to the sauce. Continue to stir, making sure there are no clumps.
- Make sure not to boil more than 1 minute as the cornstarch will break down.
- Shred meat and pour sauce over. Serve on buns.
SueBee – America’s Favorite Honey Recipes
If you are looking for a new fruit salad to make this summer, give this easy and healthy Quinoa Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing a try! It goes well with any summer meal and is a great way to enjoy all of the fine fruits summer has to offer.
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
Pinch of salt
For the Honey Lime Dressing
Juice of 1 large lime
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
For the fruit
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1 1/2 cups chopped mango
Extra chopped mint, for garnish-optional
- Using a strainer, rinse the quinoa under cold water. Add quinoa, water, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Let quinoa cool to room temperature.
- To make the Honey Lime Dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk the lime juice, honey, and mint together until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, blueberries, strawberries, and mango. Pour honey lime dressing over the fruit salad and mix until well combined. Garnish with additional mint, if desired. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Use your favorite fruit in this salad.
Blackberries, peaches, kiwi, raspberries, pineapple, grapes, etc. are great options!
By TWO PEAS