3 cups cooked pasta, (i.e. fusilli, penne, rotini…)
1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
1/2 cup deseeded cucumber, diced small
3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
Honey Dijon Salad Dressing
1 lemon, juice and finely grated zest
2 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
2 tbsp Olive oil
3 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper to season
Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
Pour over the other ingredients and toss together well.
Keeps a couple of days in the fridge.
By Barry C. Parsons
6 cups Fresh Baby Spinach
1 cup Fresh Blackberries
1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1 Green Onion Sliced
2 tablespoons Chopped Walnuts, Toasted (almonds can be substituted)
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
2 ½ teaspoons Honey
1 Garlic Clove, Minced
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
¼ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Pepper
2/3 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese (optional)
1. In large bowl, combine spinach, blackberries, tomatoes, onions and walnuts.
2. In a small bowl whisk the rest of the ingredients, except feta. Drizzle over salad and toss
3. Sprinkle with cheese
Note: Boysenberries would also be delicious with this recipe.
- 6- to 7-pound pork butt, fat trimmed
- 1 1/4 cups Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Trim fat off pork butt and place meat in slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, basil, onion powder and garlic. Pour on top of meat.
- Set slow cooker on low for 6 hours. When done, remove meat and pour sauce into a bowl. Let sit for 15 minutes and skim off any visible fat from the top.
- Pour sauce into saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and add slowly to the sauce. Continue to stir, making sure there are no clumps.
- Make sure not to boil more than 1 minute as the cornstarch will break down.
- Shred meat and pour sauce over. Serve on buns.
SueBee – America’s Favorite Honey Recipes
- 5 lbs. Leg of Lamb
- 2 cups garlic cloves whole
- Zest of 4 lemons
- 3 cups Feta Cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup dry oregano
- 1 TBL Pepper
- 1 Egg
Cut lamb into chunks and chill for 1 hour in freezer.
Put all ingredients through the meat grinder except the egg.
Add the egg ground ingredients and mix by hand until combined… do not over-mix!
Form into 5 oz. patties