• Prep Time: 10 min(s)
• Total Time: 10 min(s)
• Servings: 6
These simple stuffed cream filled strawberries are easy to make and a crowd favorite, not to mention a great gluten-free dessert.
• 1 lb. fresh strawberries
• 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
• Optional: 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
1. Cut the stems from the strawberries, so the strawberries can sit cut side down.
2. Cut a deep “X” from the tip down being careful not to cut all the way through.
3. Gently open up the strawberry. Set aside.
4. Cream the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla (and optional lemon zest) until nice and fluffy.
5. Pipe the filling into each strawberry using a pastry bag or a zip top bag with a pasty piping tip. You may also cut the end of a zip top bag to make a free form pastry bag and tip as well.
6. Top each filled strawberry with a blueberry.
7. Chill the strawberries for at least an hour before serving.