• Prep Time: 10 min(s)
• Total Time: 10 min(s)
• Servings: 6
These simple stuffed cream filled strawberries are easy to make and a crowd favorite, not to mention a great gluten-free dessert.
• 1 lb. fresh strawberries
• 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
• Optional: 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
1. Cut the stems from the strawberries, so the strawberries can sit cut side down.
2. Cut a deep “X” from the tip down being careful not to cut all the way through.
3. Gently open up the strawberry. Set aside.
4. Cream the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla (and optional lemon zest) until nice and fluffy.
5. Pipe the filling into each strawberry using a pastry bag or a zip top bag with a pasty piping tip. You may also cut the end of a zip top bag to make a free form pastry bag and tip as well.
6. Top each filled strawberry with a blueberry.
7. Chill the strawberries for at least an hour before serving.
2 c. Blueberries
1 ¾ cup Flour
½ c. Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 cup Sugar
2 Eggs, beaten
1 cup Buttermilk
1 tsp Vanilla
Toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of the flour.
Mix remaining ingredients until blended.
Fold in blueberries and remaining four until just mixed.
Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
*makes 1 loaf
If you are looking for a new fruit salad to make this summer, give this easy and healthy Quinoa Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing a try! It goes well with any summer meal and is a great way to enjoy all of the fine fruits summer has to offer.
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
Pinch of salt
For the Honey Lime Dressing
Juice of 1 large lime
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
For the fruit
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1 1/2 cups chopped mango
Extra chopped mint, for garnish-optional
- Using a strainer, rinse the quinoa under cold water. Add quinoa, water, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Let quinoa cool to room temperature.
- To make the Honey Lime Dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk the lime juice, honey, and mint together until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, blueberries, strawberries, and mango. Pour honey lime dressing over the fruit salad and mix until well combined. Garnish with additional mint, if desired. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Use your favorite fruit in this salad.
Blackberries, peaches, kiwi, raspberries, pineapple, grapes, etc. are great options!
By TWO PEAS
- 1 – 1 1/2 oz. Strawberry Basil Syrup (recipe below)
- 1 oz. Vodka
- 1 tablespoon diced strawberries & fresh basil
Add ice to a glass, and top with vodka, syrup and strawberry mixture.
Finish with Vanilla or Lemon-Lime Soda & enjoy!
2 cups water
4-6 strawberries, sliced
5-7 basil leaves
1 1/2 cups sugar
Directions: In a small sauce pot add water and sugar and bring to boil. Add strawberries and basil, simmer for 10 minutes. Cool and strain.