Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries Recipe
• Prep Time: 10 min(s)
• Total Time: 10 min(s)
• Servings: 6
These simple stuffed cream filled strawberries are easy to make and a crowd favorite, not to mention a great gluten-free dessert.
• 1 lb. fresh strawberries
• 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
• Optional: 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
1. Cut the stems from the strawberries, so the strawberries can sit cut side down.
2. Cut a deep “X” from the tip down being careful not to cut all the way through.
3. Gently open up the strawberry. Set aside.
4. Cream the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla (and optional lemon zest) until nice and fluffy.
5. Pipe the filling into each strawberry using a pastry bag or a zip top bag with a pasty piping tip. You may also cut the end of a zip top bag to make a free form pastry bag and tip as well.
6. Top each filled strawberry with a blueberry.
7. Chill the strawberries for at least an hour before serving.
Busy Bee Berry Sauce
4 cups Berries, Fresh or Frozen
2/3 cup Sugar
2 Tblsp Flour
Combine sugar four, gently stir in berries.
Put in glass bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
Microwave for 9-11 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes
*Berry Lady Farm Store, Kingsburg, CA
Blueberry Oat Quick Bread (makes 1 loaf)
2 c. Blueberries
1 ¾ cup Flour
½ c. Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 cup Sugar
2 Eggs, beaten
1 cup Buttermilk
1 tsp Vanilla
Toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of the flour.
Mix remaining ingredients until blended.
Fold in blueberries and remaining four until just mixed.
Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Blackberry Spinach Salad
6 cups Fresh Baby Spinach
1 cup Fresh Blackberries
1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1 Green Onion Sliced
2 tablespoons Chopped Walnuts, Toasted (almonds can be substituted)
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
2 ½ teaspoons Honey
1 Garlic Clove, Minced
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
¼ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Pepper
2/3 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese (optional)
1. In large bowl, combine spinach, blackberries, tomatoes, onions and walnuts.
2. In a small bowl whisk the rest of the ingredients, except feta. Drizzle over salad and toss
3. Sprinkle with cheese
Note: Boysenberries would also be delicious with this recipe.
- 1 – 1 1/2 oz. Strawberry Basil Syrup (recipe below)
- 1 oz. Vodka
- 1 tablespoon diced strawberries & fresh basil
Add ice to a glass, and top with vodka, syrup and strawberry mixture.
Finish with Vanilla or Lemon-Lime Soda & enjoy!
2 cups water
4-6 strawberries, sliced
5-7 basil leaves
1 1/2 cups sugar
Directions: In a small sauce pot add water and sugar and bring to boil. Add strawberries and basil, simmer for 10 minutes. Cool and strain.
Individual Blueberry Crisps
For the Berries:
2 pints fresh blueberries, rinsed
2 tbsp raw sugar (or light brown sugar)
1 tsp Gluten Free vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
2 tbsp cornstarch or tapioca starch
zest of 1 medium lemon
juice of 1/2 the medium lemon (watch the seeds!)
For the Topping:
1/2 cup Gluten Free Rolled oats
1/4 cup raw sugar (or light brown sugar)
2 tbsp Gluten Free Flour blend
juice of the other half of that lemon (keep the seeds out!)
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or corn, canola or baking blend oil)
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, toss blueberries with other berry ingredients, coating fully. Place four 8 oz or 10 oz ramekins onto a baking sheet, and distribute the blueberries and any remaining juice evenly into the ramekins.
Using the same bowl, mix the topping ingredients together until fully incorporated. Top each ramekin with an even amount of the topping mixture, spreading to cover the berries.
Bake the crisps at 350 degrees, for 30-35 minutes, until berries are bubbling and topping is light brown.
Rest at least 10 minutes before serving.